Saturday, February 2, 2013

MONTH OF MARCH

Month of March is when the SPRING comes!!!! It's like the best month of the months. It's the celebration of past winter and beginning of new life, prosperity and fertility. And we should concentrate on that.

Also month of March is a month of many other interesting things to pay attention to, try your hand at.

A month of Craft

Ladies and Gents, could be anything! Definition of craft- an activity involving skill in making things by hand. Yes! Think with your hands! The most liberating way of thinking. Art of any form. Let your inner child run wild without a fear of being wrong. There is no wrong or right. It's you, the absolute, complete and perfect you. I am not very good in painting, drawing or anything really, but I do it anyway. Three other lady friends and me organized an Art Evening once a month. We choose an inspiration, art period or movement, medium, meet at one of our homes and paint away. For February we chose Modern Cubism and I think next one will be inspired by Ancient Egypt art, history and colours. Also I am on the mission to find my father a hobby. He'll come from work, joke around, watch TV and go to sleep. That is not a life in my books. From 4pm he'll do nothing. He likes to read everything and anything, fair enough but the man doesn't have a hobby, an interest, passion to take his mind of things and feel alive again. So, I'll be Googling 'List of Hobbies' and make him try and indulge into every single one of them. No body works for free, every body has an alternative motive why we do what we do, lucky few are really doing something they love and living of it. I myself am not the few so I need to do something something on the side to extract joy from and hope one day that will be the thing that sustains me. And I am sure many of you are in the same shoes. Do something crafty, there are so many blogs and websites and Pinterests where you can find inspiration and ideas. Do it! Make something!


A month of International Ideas

I've read somewhere of people called 'Scanners' and explained me better than my horoscope. Basically 'scanners' are the people with so many interests, likes, fascinations and ideas but those expire as quickly as the milk in the fridge. That truth about myself never did me any good, I use to beat myself and hate it when I get so excited, start something and after two days I wouldn't feel like it anymore. Not so much of that, but I'll find something else 'better'. Reading about scanners made me feel normal and not alone and it gave me an Idea what can I make of who I am. They suggested to have an Idea Book, which is currently, for two years now, my diary. Write the ideas, as detailed as possible, how, what, when, colours, everything. Do it, start and if you do not finish, you'll have it documented and one fine day you'll get back to it, if it's something worth doing.

Sharing of ideas, can be tricky. Not all people are as nice and may steal and do something with them. Yet, by sharing ideas and talking about them with few trusted people can be the most beneficial thing that can happen to your brain. Learning that others have the same interests, thought of the same, brings joy and excitement and partnership. Weather it be an idea to do something fun every day, or week, or month, or a business idea. An idea how and where to spend a holiday.

Chart down your ideas, all of them if you can remember and admire the ingenuous you. Be the one with the IDEA.

A month of women's history

Like favourite history of mine. Only in the last century did women become equal to fellow men but from the day one, in the caves and in the garden of Eden, women had their take and make of the history. Behind every man, there is a strong woman. Spend some time reading of women that help shape the history. Read about the contemporary women, what they are doing, how they are helping. Oprah? Read Philipa Gregory's 'The Other Boleyn Girl' or watch a movie. Watch Cleopatra again, read of Coco Channel, Amelia Earhart Frida Kahlo, Iron Lady. Read and look into the women you find fascinating and inspiring. The ones you admire and envy.

Live to become one. Depending on your beliefs and how strongly you feel about nowadays issues, go out there and help. Stand up for what you believe. Preach of what you'd like to change for the better. But remember that the change starts from you, at home. Whatever you do, send out love and you'll receive love.

Have a GLORIOUS March!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment